What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing over £450 million on improving Physical Education (PE) and Sport in primary schools over the next 3 academic years. Bodsham School received £16,910 in the year 2017-18.
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport
- the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE
- the range of sports activities on offer to pupils
- participation in competitive sport
At Bodsham we used our 2017-18 Sports Premium funding in the following ways:
- Employment of coaches from Elite Community Coaching to deliver weekly PE lessons alongside class teachers with a focus on team teaching and up-skilling of teachers to support their delivery of PE lessons.
- Sending teaching staff on Professional Development courses such as dance workshops to increase their skills and confidence.
- Participation in the Shepway School Games competition package.
- Participation in Rural Hub sports events.
- Running extra curricular clubs such as football, gymnastics and multi-sports.
- Introducing basic movement skills into the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Subsidising costs of minibus travel to inter-school competitions and sports festivals such as speed stacking and pulse dance.
- Developing children as Change 4 Life ambassadors to promote physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
- In Summer 2018 we plan to offer additional swimming sessions to our Year 6 pupils to maximise the number who are able to swim a minimum of 25m before they leave for secondary school.
Impact of Sports Premium Funding
- Last year all children regularly received high quality sports coaching as part of the PE curriculum.
- Bodsham CEP achieved the School Games Gold Mark Award for 2017-18
- Last year all children attended at least one sporting event outside the school.
- At least 40 children regularly attend after school PE clubs and activities.
- Bodsham CEP won the Elite Cup inter-school football competition in Spring 2018.
- Teachers report an increase in subject knowledge and confidence to teach a wider range of activities in PE lessons.
- By the end of Year 6 in 2018, 100% of the class were able to swim 25m confidently.
We hope that this gives you an insight into the opportunities offered with the investment of the Sports Premium Funding. Perhaps Bodsham is already nurturing and up skilling the sportsmen and women of the future, maybe even Olympians!
Please click here for 2018 – 19 Bodsham Sport Premium Funding statement.